Mental Health

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)

Individual Community therapists

Many of our local therapists in private practice provide information about their services through the North Coast Association of Mental Health Professionals website. Psychology Today is another great resource for finding a therapist that works for you, whether you are local or living out of the area.


Humboldt County Behavioral Health (DHHS)

24 Hour Behavioral Crisis
Call 707-445-7715
If you are experiencing a psychiatric emergency, help is available through our 24-hour crisis line. Services include outpatient care, medication support, Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU), and Sempervirens Psychiatric Health Facility, depending on a person’s level of need. Assessments, referrals, and emergency services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Adult Behavioral Health Services
Programs and services that promote behavioral health and wellness for adults including therapy, case management, and medication support. Call 707-268-2900.

Transition Age Youth Services (TAY)
Services, activities, and social support for youth age 16-26.Drop-in hours Wed. 1-4 p.m. at 433 M St., Eureka. Call 707-476-4944.

Children and Family Behavioral Health Services
The Children and Family Services Program provides assessment, therapy, case management, psychological services, and medication services. Call 707-268-2800.

Campus Advocate Team

CAT offers individual counseling and support groups led by certified sexual assault counselors.

  • 24-hour crisis line: (707) 445-2881
  • Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Humboldt Domestic Violence Services

Humboldt Domestic Violence Services provides counseling, emergency shelter for survivors and their children, emergency food and/or clothing for survivors and their children, community resources and referrals, support groups, children’s services, restraining order assistance, court accompaniment, and alcohol or other drugs support. 24-hour crisis line: (707) 443-6042.

Humboldt Family Service Center

Mental health services on a sliding scale. Medi-Cal accepted. Free walk-ins Mon. 12-4 pm (postponed during a shelter in place ordinance). Call 707-443-7358.

Hospice of Humboldt

Free grief support services, groups, and classes for adults and teens. Call 707-445-8443.

Making Headway Center

Provide assistance and services to individuals who have suffered a brain injury. Services include therapy, case management, and more. Call 707-442-7668.

North American Mental Health Services

Free over the phone mental health services for Partnership Medi-Cal members at Eureka location. No diagnosis is needed for talk therapy. Over the phone psychiatry is available. Call 707-296-7660

Open Door Community Health Centers

Primary care and behavioral (mental) health services primarily for those with Medi-Cal coverage and locations throughout Humboldt County. Transgender services are available beyond those with Medi-Cal coverage. Call 707-269-7073 for more information about services and locations.

Remi Vista

Counseling services available for children and adults primarily with Medi-Cal coverage (Partnership/Beacon). Some availability for Blue Cross coverage. Call 707-268-8722 to complete a telephone screening and be referred to a therapist. 

Two Feathers Native American Family Services

Local support for Native families and mental health programs for Native youth throughout Humboldt County. 707-839-1933

United Indian Health Services

Medical and behavioral (mental) health care for those of Native descent. Call 707-825-5000 to learn more.